There are simple weight management tips you can do in your daily lifestyle. While they are easy to do, they are valuable and effective. Here are 8 daily tips for successful weight management:
- Reduce the portions in your meals. Be conscious of the calories when you portion your meals. In your plate, one quarter should comprise a portion (palm-size) of lean protein such as chicken breast or salmon and one quarter of brown rice or other unrefined grain, while half of your plate should contain different varieties of colorful veggies. If you still feel hunger pangs after eating, wait for 20 minutes. It’s enough time for the foods that you ate to digest. Otherwise you can eat extra veggies, tossed salad or a small slice of fruit
- Eat your regular meals, don’t skip. In weight management, it is essential to eat 3 regular meals and snacks. It is particularly important to eat breakfast. It’ll jumpstart your metabolism. Consider that you need food to fuel your body. Without food to sustain your body, it cannot work efficiently.
- Load up your calories in the morning until noon. Consuming more calories on the first half of the day curbs your hunger during the night. You do most of your activities at daytime, anyway. In the evenings, you are normally less active, so eat lighter dinners.
- Eat more fiber. The recommended amount of fiber consumption for women is 25 to 30 grams per day. However, many women fall short of that. Increase your fiber intake by eating whole grain breads and cereals. They are high in fiber. Make your pasta and rice whole wheat instead of white. Add more dried beans when you prepare your meals. More fiber intake makes you feel fuller faster, making you eat less. It curbs your hunger as well. Lower your cholesterol by consuming more soluble fiber.
- Know what the good sources of fiber are. Sources of insoluble fiber are corn bran, wheat, cereals, pasta, bread, fruit and root vegetables skin and most veggies such as green beans, potatoes and broccoli. What are the food sources of soluble fiber? They are psyllium, barley, oat bran, oats and legumes like split peas, dried beans and most fruits and veggies.
- Have regular exercise- make it daily. Engage in an exercise routine or get more physically active. Ask for the advice of your health professional or exercise physiologist.
- Make sure that you eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily. These food sources are rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber while being low in calories and fat. Two to three servings of fruits should be included in your daily diet. If you can, avoid eating canned juice and fruit. You’ll also have added fiber and nutrients intake if you eat fruits with the skin. Incorporate more fruits and veggies in your lunch and dinner. You can snack on them, too.
- Drink sufficient amounts of water. Take in 6 to 8 glasses of water everyday. You’ll prevent yourself from overeating while you keep yourself hydrated.
These weight management tips and tricks to inculcate in your daily meals and lifestyle can effectively aid in your health and fitness.